St. Thecla Catholic School – Coronavirus FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
The safety and well-being of all students and staff at St. Thecla is our highest priority. We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to monitor and provide information to families about St. Thecla’s response to this situation.
1.How is the school and church keeping informed about the coronavirus?
The Archdiocese of Detroit has been and will continue to, monitor news concerning coronavirus. They, along with St. Thecla, are preparing for any potential impact that may affect our school and church and will follow any recommendations from local, state and federal officials to ensure the safety of our community. For the latest information on our local Catholic Church’s response, please visit www.aod.org/emergencyresponse.
2. What is the maintenance plan for cleaning and disinfecting our school?
- Additional staff and resources are being brought in for deep cleaning
- All floors are being scrubbed with machines and disinfected
- All hard surfaces are being scrubbed and disinfected
- All lockers will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All lower hall cubbies will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All Pews, walls and window sills will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All Chairs are being scrubbed and disinfected
3. What good hygiene practices would be helpful?
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 second. Use alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
4. How will I know if the school is going to be closed due to the coronavirus?
Parents have been informed that the school will remain closed through the remainder of the school year. All students will be expected to continue with their Continuous Learning Plan
5. What happens if Chippewa Valley Schools are closed? Does that mean St. Thecla closes?
St. Thecla closes when Chippewa Valley Schools closes for inclement weather (snow days). If we are required to close for other reasons, this will be communicated via A to Z, the St. Thecla Facebook page, and the school website.
6. Where can I find updated school information about the coronavirus? Updated information can be found on the St. Thecla website under the Coronavirus news tab.
7. What is the plan for continuous learning now that school has closed for an extended period?
Information about continuous learning, in case of an extended school closure, can be found under the Coronavirus news tab labeled Continuous Learning. You will be alerted to look for this information by notification from A to Z Connect, the St. Thecla School Facebook page and on the school website.
9. Will Masses continue?
We are not able to offer any public Masses at this time. However, we do offer daily private Mass to include the daily intentions as put forth. We will live stream Sunday Masses at 11:00 am
10. Do we have any activities that are staying on schedule?
Any and all activities, including, Sacraments, school, sports, events, meetings, public gatherings are postponed until further notice.