St. Thecla Catholic School – Coronavirus FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
The safety and well-being of all students and staff at St. Thecla is our highest priority. We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to monitor and provide information to families about St. Thecla’s response to this situation.
1.How is the school and church keeping informed about the coronavirus?
The Archdiocese of Detroit has been and will continue to, monitor news concerning coronavirus. They, along with St. Thecla, are preparing for any potential impact that may affect our school and church and will follow any recommendations from local, state and federal officials to ensure the safety of our community. For the latest information on our local Catholic Church’s response, please visit www.aod.org/emergencyresponse.
2. What is the maintenance plan for cleaning and disinfecting our school?
- Additional staff and resources are being brought in for deep cleaning
- All floors are being scrubbed with machines and disinfected
- All hard surfaces are being scrubbed and disinfected
- All lockers will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All lower hall cubbies will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All Pews, walls and window sills will be scrubbed and disinfected
- All Chairs are being scrubbed and disinfected
3. What good hygiene practices would be helpful?
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 second. Use alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
4. How will I know if the school is going to be closed due to the coronavirus?
Parents will be informed of a school closure, whether it’s one day or for an extended period of time, through communication on the St. Thecla School Facebook page, A to Z Connect (email), and television and radio stations. We ask that you do not assume or share information not directed from our school. We are following numerous forms of directions from numerous agencies (AOD, State, Federal, Health, & Local). Sharing information before we are certain it pertains to us specficially will only add to the confusion.
5. What happens if Chippewa Valley Schools are closed? Does that mean St. Thecla closes?
St. Thecla closes when Chippewa Valley Schools closes for inclement weather (snow days). If we are required to close for other reasons, this will be communicated via A to Z, the St. Thecla Facebook page, and the school website.
6. Why did the upper hall students clean out their lockers?
We are requesting all lockers and cubbies to be cleaned out on Monday 16, 2020 so they can be scrubbed and disinfected
7. Where can I find updated school information about the coronavirus? Updated information can be found on the St. Thecla website under the Coronavirus news tab.
8. What is the plan for continuous learning if the school is closed for an extended period?
Information about continuous learning, in case of an extended school closure, can be found under the Coronavirus news tab labeled Continuous Learning. You will be alerted to look for this information by notification from A to Z Connect, the St. Thecla School Facebook page and on the school website.
9. Will Masses continue?
All daily and weekend Masses will be cancelled until the week of 4/6/2020
10. Will we have anymore fish fries?
Fish Fries are cancelled for the season
11. Do you we have sports practices or games?
All sports have been postponed at least until week of 4/6/20 postponed until further notice
12. Will we have other practices during this time?
Any and all extra school curricular activities have been postponed until further notice